Sunday, October 16, 2011

An inspiration....

Alright, so i'm just sitting around now, I might as well blog about something. I've been going through a lot over the years and it's been a very difficult path which i'm sure most of you know how that goes. I am not the only unlucky woman on this planet and at least I know that. I am a little homesick. I'm a small town girl and thinking that moving to a bigger city would be more thrilling and exciting, which it is! But it's a lot more difficult to get around and make friends when you don't know anyone here. So I guess i'm feeling a little loser-ish. I was thinking of my younger brother and how he's doing on his own at college. A Pre-med student he is. I must admit, I am jealous and wish I was more like him. But that's what sets us apart as individuals right? 

2 years ago during my younger brother's senior year of highschool, he was hospitalized 3 times for his lung collapsing. Stayed in the hospital 2 weeks each time it happened and missed a lot of school. We were so afraid. And I think for him, in the dark, he found the light. And Today, he's doing very well. Just can't ride roller coasters. Haha. 

Anyway, I missed him and couldn't forget his love for music. He picked up the guitar right away after he came home from surgery all 3 times. This video was taken less than 2 weeks after his 3rd hospitalization. Watch this video of him covering The Scientist by Coldplay. 


Now I wish I was as musically talented as he is. I can't wait to see him graduating and going off to Med school and accomplishing his goals. For all the things we've gone through, it just makes you realize there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. And "you aren't alive if you're not living". - taken from Rich in I Love You Beth Cooper

Another older one he recorded of himself covering Hey There Delilah.


A deep voice, but still good. This was probably taken in 2006. Ahh the memories. How I miss them. and if I could, I would totally repeat them. But that's the blessing of memories because if it becomes repetitive, it's less memorable and less valuable right? 

The things we do for love and to be loved... makes your heart melt doesn't it?

I guess bad things really do happen before it can get better. Life doesn't wait for you so live it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Came across your blog and I wanted to welcome you to the blogging world!! I will start it off by being your first follower! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay thank you! My FIRST follower!

    ReplyDelete